Saturday, July 7, 2007

Trusting the Captain's judgment and experience is critical to a successful flight

Day 1 - Flight Leg I: Phoenix, Arizona to San Francisco, California – 5 July, 2007

Other than the fact that my first flight was canceled, I had to fly backwards to go forward and I arrived at my destination 4 hours later than planned, the first leg on this pseudo world-tour could be considered an uneventful success. The only noteworthy excitement of the flight was that I was part of a group of rogue passengers who were scolded by an over-zealous male flight attendant for getting out of our seats while the “Fasten Seat Belt” sign was illuminated. We were accused, via public address, of “not trusting the captain’s judgment and experience”. Summon the Air Marshall! By the tone and flare of his voice he might as well have accused me of wearing a belt that didn’t match the color of my shoes; public humiliation with a touch of “3 snaps-up” pizazz. You go, girl!

No comments: