Saturday, July 7, 2007

How does one break a tooth eating melon, anyway?

Day 1 into 2 - Flight Leg II: San Francisco, California to Frankfurt, Germany – 5 July, 2007

A canceled flight, a four hour trip delay, scary German flight attendants and a broken tooth makes Rusty a happy traveler. Speaking of pain, I should mention the guy next to me who talked non-stop the entire trip; a computer programmer from San Francisco who was in the business of repairing cargo ships all over the world. Yes, you read that right. Stranger still was the fact that he seemed to know more about APUs than I do. I asked him if he would like to take my place at the India conferences (by the way, I believe those were the only words I spoke in the seemingly one-sided conversation during the flight). He politely declined before going into a diatribe of how nasty the country of India is. Should I be concerned that whenever I tell someone that I’m headed to India they get a look on their face like I just told them I’m on my way to the doctor to discuss the results of a malignant cancer biopsy? Such looks of sympathy is not a positive indicator as to what lies ahead.

I arrived in Frankfurt and noticed that everyone there speaks German.



No comments: